Our School Vision
Together, we will create a calm and welcoming learning environment and work together to secure success for all. We will strive to create a safe, caring, supportive and inclusive school.
Our school will equip its pupils with the skills that society and the local community demand and so we will value the skills and learning that children need in order to look after themselves, their families, their health, their mental well-being and their bodies. We will strive to teach the whole child and create life-long learners and pro-active citizens.
Our School Aims
- All children can learn. All staff and children are able to recognise the value of learning.
- All staff, working at New Village, will have consistently high expectations of children’s learning potential, attitudes and behaviour and take corporate responsibility for ensuring these in, and around, school.
- Learning takes place in all areas of our school and through the entire learning day – inside and outside of the classroom.
- Children should be taught how to learn; learning how to be an outstanding learner.
- Consistently challenging, dynamic, engaging and empowering teaching leads to outstanding learning, resulting in a school where every child’s potential is realised.
Want to Know What is Going On in School?
- All staff will value every child’s contribution to the school and strive to create a learning environment that brings out the full potential in all.
- Rigorous, continuous monitoring, thorough and informed evaluation and accurate analysis of all the elements of teaching, is essential in ensuring high-level teaching and learning.
- Learning at New Village will produce and enhance a learning skills-set that will be lifelong; we will actively promote this for every child and for all staff.
- New Village School will demonstrate its commitment to quality teaching and learning through its dedication to continuous professional development for all staff; recognising and exploiting all opportunities to enhance its workforce and the learning environment.
- All children will be encouraged to develop as individuals. Their creativity, talents, differences and uniqueness